Love gemutlichkeit? So do we! The Hollerbach family is holding an art exhibit that celebrates German heritage and culture in America. Submit your art to be be part of this landmark event rejoicing in All Things German as we celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Cafe this August.
Every day in our restaurant, we celebrate gemutlichkeit, or the feeling of comfort and well being one experiences when eating and drinking with family and friends (woo, that’s a long one!). Hundreds of patrons walk through our doors each day for a little taste of this warmth, happiness, and familiarity, and our 15th Anniversary event is expected to pack the house with guests who not only eat up our hospitality and cuisine, but go crazy for all things German. Showcase and sell your German fan art for an audience who loves German culture as much as you do!
We’re seeking “All Things German”, with an emphasis on gemutlichkeit and hospitality. We would especially love to accept art that celebrates these things in conjunction with our restaurant and company. Suggested subjects include German bier, traditional dress, dances, music, food (sausage, schnitzel, spaetzle, potatoes), Oktoberfest, castles, landscapes, flags and regalia.
All mediums accepted.
There is no fee to submit artwork for this exhibit.
Artists will receive 65% of any sales.
Accepted artists will also receive two complimentary tickets to the anniversary event.
Our exhibit will run from August 1st to October 15th
We reserve the right to extend the exhibit until the end of the year pending guest demand.
Art Drop Off: July 15th-July 22nd
Art Pick Up: Mid October
The artist can submit by sending photos of artwork to ArtHaus@Hollerbachs.com by July 10th. Your email should include your name, address, the title of the work, and a brief description of the work, including the medium, subject, and approximate dimensions. After reviewing the entry email and photos, Hollerbach’s Art Haus will respond to the artist by July 15th. If accepted, the artist must make an appointment to drop the work off to Hollerbach’s Art Haus between July 15th-22nd. Please contact us with questions if for some reason you cannot provide photos of the work.
1. All submissions MUST be labeled on the back of each piece with the following information: Artist’s Name, and Title. Art work will be juried into the show at the time of drop off.
2. It is recommended you supply a short artist bio or statement in your entry email.
1. All work must be original. All works submitted must be original works, and the Artist must have all necessary rights of use and reproduction. If any third party disputes the Artist’s claims of ownership, originality, or copyrights, Hollerbach’s will not mediate the dispute or become involved. The work at issue will be removed and returned to the Artist.
2. Art work must be ready for hanging or display.
3. It is recommended that the artist attend the Anniversary party and opening on Aug 1st using the complimentary tickets provided, as this is an opportunity to talk about your work directly with potential buyers.
4. All sales will be reconciled within 10 days of the show closing. Artist should include legal name on submission if different from working name.
5. After-show closing, all work must be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. Hollerbach’s is not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up date. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of Hollerbach’s.
6. Hollerbach’s Art Haus will make every effort to carefully handle and protect work, however, Hollerbach’s Art Haus cannot be held liable for damage to work or any personal injury sustained while participating at Hollerbach’s.
7. Hollerbach’s is not liable for theft of any work displayed within the premises. We will make every reasonable effort to maintain a secure premise for our artists.
8. We do not insure any art work displayed.
Please contact us with questions.